The Community Employment Department is a career-oriented division of the Horizon Achievement Centre, whose mandate is to facilitate employment for adults with mental disabilities, or who face multiple barriers to employment, through counselling, training, and practical work experience.
- To enhance the employability of clients through individual assessment and training.
- To provide opportunities for employment through job development and community awareness.
- To facilitate career development through individualized case planning.
- To provide workplace support and assistance through job coaching and monitoring activities.
- To recognize and address individual accomplishments and needs through the effective partnering of internal and external agencies.